PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 1st Apr 2012, 09:32
Propellerhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's so much rubbish being written here. Just wait and see what the 2 CCs come up with and I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm sure 3800 pilots can absorb any pilot surplus, esp with a lot of over 55s and 60s in both airlines.

No BA pilot will be disadvantaged in terms of status or seniority, and bmi pilots will FINALLY get a stable secure future with one of the biggest airlines in the world with some of the best terms and conditions, the strongest union who achieve a lot through sensible negotiation, fantastic career opportunites - long haul, short haul, training FO positions (which bmi never had), great staff travel, STABLE ROSTERS (yes, really - plus access to the best lifestyle bidding system there is) a pay rise over time (including access to much better flying pay and allowances, especially as BA enjoy more generous tax breaks on them).

I don't think many bmi pilots will feel hard done by once the dust has settled. There are lots of options being explored to negate the effects of being at the bottom of the seniority list, not least the right to commands in the future which bmi are bringing into the mix (ie no bmi pilot will have to wait longer for a SH command than had they stayed as bmi). Believe me a negotiated settlement between the 2 cc's will be far better than if BA simply do it.

LIFO will be preserved so bmi pilots will no longer have to worry for their jobs, and will keep their DOJ for staff travel.

No one in BA wants to see a fractured work force, a combined united workforce is essential for the future challenges we all face (ie EU FTLs in case anyone has forgotton). bmi pilots will be welcomed with open arms into the fold and will be integrated fully into the community.