PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 08:52
160to4DME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember a few years ago BMI having a great little hub at MAN. However BMI 'management' decided that the future was to desert the regional base and go head to head with BA at LHR. Utter stupidity in my view and business suffered. I think that when Lufthansa eventualy took over the business it was clear that they were going to run BMI in to the ground such that they wouldnt provide any serious competition. LH would never have given up their regional bases so easily. In my view another example of a great UK company being run into the ground and jobs lost for a quick buck!
Yeah they actually thought "Hecky thump this
northern hub is far too profitable, let's commit commercial suicide and shut it and worship the mighty Heathrow."

Quite right, that's what happened, they ruined a profitable base as they, British MIDLAND, have a Southern bias. That's of course what happened.
The irony of those comments is that DLH have steadily increased their own presence at MAN, having their best ever year in 2011, against the rather lamentable economic climate.