PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFATO turn back
Thread: EFATO turn back
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 05:18
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bas,
You don't understand the "Australian Way", do you.

You keep letting facts get in the way.

Don't you realise that, when the facts clash with you misconceptions, miseducation, and mistraining, covered by a thin veneer of racial prejudice about anything that comes out of US (or anywhere else but Australia, really) you should ignore the facts --- .

Given an "average" pilot, in the event of an engine failure, you stand a greater chance of being involved in a fatal accident if the failure is in a light twin.

Likewise, an attempted turnback in a single has a greater probability of a fatal outcome than continuing straight ahead.

There are numerous studies on this subject.

As T-28D says, the USAF have a clear approach, all about risk minimization. And isn't that the deciding factor, risk minimization.

There is no doubt, under ideal circumstances, a turnback is possible, I've done it myself at YSBK ---- but the situation was ideal, including an aeroplane that had me at almost 1000 ft crossing the western boundary. The laws of physics are not subject to concessions or variations.

But, the fact remains, the accident record is clear, except in exceptional circumstances, continue straight ahead --- .

Tootle pip!!