PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 22:50
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop 99.9% or 99.99% ?

Originally Posted by PJ2
In the present system, 99.9% of flights work well with SOPs, CRM, appropriate use of automation (according to enlightened airline policies which permit hand-flying), but the loss of such skills is nevertheless no longer a blip but a trend

Originally Posted by roulishollandais
That is very dangerous ! Every sixty seven hours you have a four minutes crash ! I choose to fly with "these guys [...] (who) knew how to stay alive, (many of them are here, thank you !) and not in your "managed airlines" and their effective aircraft.
roulishollandais
Originally Posted by mm43
Originally posted by roulishollandais ...
That is very dangerous ! Every sixty seven hours you have a four minutes crash !
Now, now, now ...

PJ2 forgot to hold the "9" key down after the decimal point, but I doubt he would forget to push the stick forward.

@mm43:
it is still very dangerous if PJ2 did forget a final "9" , and we replace thanks to your intervention, mm43, 99.9% by 99.99% : 1/10 000 means my children would have every 667 hours a 4 minutes crash
Would you accept that mm43 ? no, no, no ...

And PJ2 would need 22 000 FT (or 35 000 ?) to push and recover, instead of 7 400 FT !!! no, no, no ...

roulishollandais

Last edited by roulishollandais; 31st Mar 2012 at 22:55. Reason: add : height of loss