PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 21:51
flying officer kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some valid points, but like i said-time will tell

Ref the A321, i cant vouch for knowing anything about Airbus avionics, and i know the performance varies airport to airport, but by comparing runway lengths at a like for like basis, I am assuming the BA ones must be of a similar specification.. they have used the A321 in and out of Aberdeen and other similar runway lengths. Perhaps any BA/BMI crew can verify?

Interesting thought about Aer Lingus ramping up the number of services out of Aldergrove, but even 4 extra flights would barely/or only just about cover the gap left by all of BMI's flights (i see the BD85 is back again too). Also do they have enough spare slots? There was an outcry when, to start flights out of Belfast, some slots from Shannon were taken. Also as someone pointed out above, would Aer lingus operating the services contradict what Walsh said about BA returning to NI???

The codeshare already exists, and has done for a while, so if his plan was to only use Aer Lingus to cover the market after the BA/BMI merge, why would he say he intends to return to Belfast/NI??

As for my comment about BA LGW/LCY ops, just wishful thinking on my behalf. I miss those steep approaches from the days of British European, and Cityjet never did well when they tried it..