PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 20:44
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incidently, the based EI A319, is it to operate mainly international flights,
or the London run?
No, 320 in the main designated to London route, though I guess would some days such as Saturday where London demand not as strong, the canaries or Spain will get the 320, and London get 319.

Hi there flying officer kite, you raise some interesting points.

The fact that BA/IAG will have to surrender some slots (if that comes to pass) this will put an even great premium on the other slots that they get, and in order to fulfil any long haul ambitions that BA has, they will have fewer slots to use.

Belfast London unlike other domestics like ABZ, GLA, EDI etc, has an airline 'partner', i.e. Aer Lingus who can fulful the interlining requirements of BA without using their own slots. Aer Lingus winter flying program includes a 320 on London and the other European routes on 319. Where will the 2nd 319 go for the winter? Would be surprised to see it sent off to Dublin....1 lonely 319 unit in Dublin where it has not been used before? Watch this space? Another x4 daily on BFS LHR? With no competing BHD route that would work well. (Assuming EI got an extra 4 slot pairs)

I could never see BA touching LCY or LGW ex Belfast. When the SuperShuttle was operating LHR BFS when the main route to BFS was a London route, BA was not tempted by a LGW connection and LCY with AF (which was short lived from BHD which started when FR arrived and EI) didnt work. BA's experience across the Irish Sea from LCY has been poor, with LCY DUB being abandoned mid season due to dire loads. So my guess would be absolutely no. Would BA also want to enter the fray at BFS V Easyjet? Not likely. And would they want to step onto BE's busiest route (or certainly one of their busiest) when BE already feed passengers onto BA at LGW, seems unlikely to me.

EI-BUD