PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 31st Mar 2012, 19:18
Evroza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
walking from place to place or any form of excercise. The Doctor here is a young lady; Beautiful face. She asks you to take of your shirt. If you have a hairy chest, don't worry about shaving it. She does it for you ( don't forget you are in the doctors office. Haha) Then she sticks several Electrodes around your chest that link to a computer. You then get on a tread mill and start walking as electrical impulses from your heart are monitored. She also monitors changes in BP and pulserate. The speed starts slow. Then she prompts you before she increases the speed. There are five walling; The fastest will be near running. Just stay calm on this one: you don't want your heart going 'adrenaline mode' . This lasts for about ten minutes each and you are free to leave. We are now waiting for Monday to go for the Lung test at Mater Hospital. 9am it is!
Word of advice to future participants, check your BP early enough before the medicals. I had tested my BP some two weeks prior and I had 142/82. I had to stop salt intake and some thorough jogging and yesterday it read 118/70 ! (NB: I am pretty slim, so out with the mentality that only fat people get HBP) All the best people! The Lord is with us. Our group had 12 people. That brings us to a total of 25 who made it to the medicals.b

Last edited by Evroza; 1st Apr 2012 at 05:57.