PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 17:50
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@DW

I'm well aware of that, I was just making the point that Lyman's insinuation that the non-release of raw FDR data to the public and/or the crew/family lawyers was equivalent to the prosecution withholding evidence from the defence in a criminal trial was false.UNQUOTE

[B]NO[B] In juris civile, Plaintiff and Defendant are no less adversarial. Perhaps more so. "NON RELEASE". That means what, like "Withheld?"

Witholding evidence can be charged in itself as a felony. Even a jurist can be recalled for indiscriminate actions.

Let me ask a non threatening question, Doze. Say you are in Upset, and you see your Pitch as 7 degrees. You have no idea your AoA, it is at 40 degrees. You ok with that? Any problem? You cannot suss anything of help, and your g is around "1". Still ok? Right, AoA is ok in the computer quiver, but not in the Pilots'?

You seem to have forgotten that at the time of this UAS, Pilots were told to Disregard the STALL WARN. Also, the a/p was not yet accused of "Uncommanded climb".

Also @DOZEWANNABE:
(FBW) "It doesn't "ignore" AoA during UAS, otherwise Stall Warning wouldn't work."

Can you say that the SW did work? Evidently not, and for the same reason the pilots could not Suss the STALL. The AoA was not available. Could one explanation be that the pilots did not even acknowledge the WARNING because they all tacitly took it to be bogus? You have a better question than "How could they ignore the STALL WARN?"

Last edited by Lyman; 31st Mar 2012 at 18:01.