PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BFTS JP Syllabus
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 08:35
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QWI: "Compensating errors. Doesn't count!"
That made me laugh, as I'd forgotten about that phrase. Somewhat surprising really as I was awarded the title of King Of The Compensating Errors. The results of this innate 'ability' didn't go down too well with either the QWIs or the Crabs on the Chivenor course. 'How did you manage to blag that then, Pontius?' 'Farked if I know. JLAR'

Bushy-topped tree! Bushy-topped tree! Ride-up, bunt, pickle

Edited to add: JP3s on Linton's 2 Sqn absolutely sucked, due to a complete knob of a Boss and a very laking-in-lustre Flt Cdr (ex-F4 driver who thought he was the dog's nuts but evidently wasn't). Fortunately 'jumped' squadrons, as the RN was paying, so managed to get onto 3 Sqn for the JP5. Chalk and cheese. Great Boss (ex-Canberra's I think) and 2 top instructors (surprisingly ex-Vulcans). Despite such a pedigree () it was happy sqn and the results spoke for themselves. 2 Sqn obviously had a lasting effect on me; my mate offered me a 'go' in his JP3 and I told him he didn't have enough dosh to get me in the thing, let alone share petrol money with him. I just need him to buy a Hunter and I'll make it up to him