PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st Mar 2012, 07:17
Al Murdoch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000Stabilised - moving to Emirates is a major change in your life and if you don't see that it is in your interests to take your wife with you, then you may not have the attitude they are looking for in any case. Being 777 rated does not bother them as you will still have to do the EK type rating. Not only that there is a queue a mile long (probably literally) of people who want that job, so I suspect EK probably wouldn't feel too gutted that you won't lower yourself to go out for an interview.
Emirates provide business class travel for you from just about anywhere in the world, a nice hotel and all meals and transport. Plus you get a nice A380 sticker and a lanyard This is vastly more than the majority of airlines will provide. The outfit I work for actually charge you to read your CV. So perhaps that puts it in perspective for you.
I have been out to Dubai recently, had a great time on the selection and was offered the job on the 777. Start in a few months and I can't wait...