PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 months on - any change at EZY?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 21:32
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rants of the kind just written about CTC cadets are frankly completely counterproductive. I consider these guys/gals my colleagues and friends - not some sort of filth that got stuck on my shoes. They are a key part of the team and we need to work with them as equals.

For what it is worth, I do not agree with the comments being made about our managers - some are very good, including our CEO. We have a number of very capable people in key positions. It is true, however, that the Merlin negotiations are in bad shape and industrial action is a real possibility. I for one do not relish that as there would be no winners. I do not believe, however, it will come to that. There are clear solutions to the current problems that will not cost easyJet more money. However unfortunate the current impasse is, it is not an impossible situation. I would be very interested to know if any of those making the most extreme comments about our managers have ever worked for other airlines. Perhaps they could enlighten us on who that was and why they were so much better. I have worked for 4 previous airlines and I am struggling to think of a notably better management team at any of them - perhaps I have just been unfortunate.