PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 or other jets full rudder deflection.
Old 30th Mar 2012, 17:29
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerocatS2A
I know nothing about the B737 except your underlined paragraph in your first post and generic aircraft systems knowledge, but based on that the answer is no, a strong legged person will not be able to push the pedal further or get more rudder deflection.

The rudder is hydraulically actuated so the max pressure to move the rudder is whatever the hydraulic pressure is, this has nothing to do with how hard you can push on the pedals. According to your blurb the rudder pedal position accurately reflects the rudder deflection so the available pedal movement reduces as you get faster and the available rudder deflection reduces. Whether this feels like a hard mechanical stop or a little softer, I don't know.

According to your own underlined paragraph; no, the rudder pedal deflection is proportional to the rudder deflection.
Makes sense to me. I just wasn't sure anymore because Alexban said....

"Rudder pedal movement is limited in flight by mechanical stops,effort simulators or software programs,depending on the aircraft type."

I would assume then that this statement is not applicable to all jet transports.