PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC RATING
Thread: IMC RATING
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 16:53
madgav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why all the consternation at the 8th April date?
One word - uncertainty! Yes I know the CAA will be adding IMCRs to JAR-FCL licences until 30/6, no problem there. The uncertainty is regarding any future cut off date for whatever is agreed between CAA/EASA regarding the IMCR. It could be that when the dust settles the 8/4 date may have no significance at all, but for now it's the date that EASA legislation comes into effect so it could potentially be relevant (someone else earlier in this thread also recommended gettting it before this date if possible). It's the date I've been working to from the start and despite the weather, aircraft availability etc beating me on so many occasions I thought I had it done and posted off in plenty good time. Hence the frustration - I'm sure you'll understand I want to give myself the best chance of keeping it post-2014 after all the effort and £££ spent

You did the examination and sent it off before 8/4 which is what counts
Interesting point. Yes I know my skills test was done before 8/4 which is what determines the revalidation date. But is that the date which will appear in my licence? Don't think so as my licence currently carries the date processed by the CAA, for both PPL and NQ.

Anyway sorry for venting a bit. End of a rather frustrating week and this just added to it I suppose..... first outing in the P2002 earlier helped a bit