PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proper Use of Military Pesonnel?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 16:18
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a bit fed up with this, every threat of industrial action, provided the law is followed, is an example of democracy in action - you may not liike it, but the way to change it is to pass new laws etc...

Our current government have responded to every bit of discontent by demonising those daring to exercise their democratic rights - I for one spent a good few years in blue, and like to think that I contributed towards maintaining this country's existence as one of the more stable democracies.

'They' have already had a fight with the public service workers, now it's the tanker drivers, and the military covenant is pretty well not worth the paper it's not written on - how high a percentage of the population does Cameron have to fight with before it begins to look like he's a significant part of the problem?

Yes, a tanker strike and petrol shortage would be a big problem for me and mine, so I'd liike DC and his minions to STF up with the sound bytes and try negotiating without running off at the mouth on TV about it....which surely is doing little to improve relations across the table.

Dave