PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 15:02
Fracturelines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clarify, I am a commercial pilot working in a very remote area without any sort of mechanic or support to be found. I am not the aircraft owner, just the pilot. There is also a huge language barrier that prevents me from getting many answers I have regarding information in this particular POH and about the aircraft. There are some things that don't seem to match up and I've never been able to get a straight answer from anyone here.

I've got through the POH with a pick and comb. That is why I am asking some of these questions. The VNE placard, the weight and balance document(s), the unusable fuel(yes, it does state unusable fuel 7 gallons in the POH on one of the W&B sheets along with a statement regarding GW being 2500lbs), there's quite of few issues that I'm dealing with as a low hour commercial pilot and just haven't been able to get straight answers down here.

I appreciate all the feedback and information you guys have provided. Certainly some things I need to get a hold of the operator about, but that's a completely different story in itself.

This aircraft has another 20 hours until the 100 hour, so I'm hoping to get some answers with the current weight and balance, the low power issues, the rust that is developing in many different spots, the VNE placard, and some other minor things.

So thanks again to everyone that commented, it gives a small piece of mind getting feedback from people that don't just say, "you worry about everything too much, just be a gorilla pilot".

Edit: I'm going to get the part numbers off the floats when I get back out to the helicopter to double check the manufacturer.