PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 30th Mar 2012, 13:15
ScotPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFALPA-schmalpa. I hardly think a voluntary code by IFALPA is going to effectively influence the outcome of the debate in any way, shape, or form. Equally, BALPA are not going to persuade the BACC to accept a shafting for BA pilots. I doubt they'd even try lest the biggest membership group walk away from the organisation.
I actually agree with most of what you have written. I don't think they will try to act in the interests of any members other then BA. It is clearly a re statement of BALPA as the British Airways Line Pilots Association. Ignore your IFALPA responsibilities at your peril. What has to come out of this is a new Flight Crew Association in the UK which can speak on behalf of the majority of the pilots who are outside BA. It is also another reason why the FTL campaign is doomed. We are incapable of acting as a collective group. That is why I wanted to find out whether or not the guys from Virgin had made any progress. I am hoping for an organised mass exodous from BALPA if this goes the way it is looking from where I am standing.

Last edited by ScotPilot; 30th Mar 2012 at 14:52.