PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757/767 Jobs Advertised. Honest!!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2002, 22:38
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Suppose it is good to get their website at least up and running albeit incomplete rather than no website at all.
Johnny I understand your point of view but I seem to be looking at things from a different point of view. First impressions do count. Imagine Joe bloggs sitting in his home in Scotland and he has just seen an Air Scotland advert on ITV. Ok so there is no associated phone number on the advert but hey everyone is on the net so he does a quick search and hey presto he is on the site. He is looking forward to seeing what prices are available and maybe save a bit on his usual travel plans. He tries to use the online booking facility but that is frozen... nevermind at least he will be able to check where they will be flying to for future reference. Mmmm no destinations there either. So Mr Bloggs has achieved nothing and learnt nothing from his visit to the Air Scotland site.

His first impressions will not be very good. He finds a page on recruitment and a nice page telling him what the Max TOW of a 757 is but sadly no info on routes, fares and availability - which is what the traveller is really interested in! Not much of a low cost airline site if it can't provide those basic functions! So Joe Bloggs will leave Air-Scotland.com with probably a rather unprofessional view of them and no doubt interest will fade very quickly since he knows nothing about what the new airline can offer him! So why should he go back to Air-Scotland.com after that first attempt?

I may sound very cynical but this is a golden opportunity for Scotland to have its own LCC. It is a chance not to be wasted!