PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines, Chapter 11 status
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2002, 22:37
whatshouldiuse
I had an arsehole transplant but the arsehole rejected me, which is why I write such rubbish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stockholders strike back !!

All;

With UAl going into Chapter 11 today, and the stock price sitting at 0.93c down from $60+ in the late nineties, the following is an excerpt from the UAL bulletin board on Yahoo..

"Unions -- Day of Reckoning has Come
by: just_a_tek (46/M/Ft. Worth, TX) 12/09/02 05:12 pm
Msg: 27620 of 27623

Robert Crandall on CNBC about an hour ago:

The only way AMR, DAL, UAL, CAL, etc will survive is to throw out the existing labor contracts and rewrite new ones that are on par with the ones at Southwest and Jet Blue. He said simply cutting a few percent in wages here and there wont get it, and I believe he is right. They asked Crandall why he didn't take this drastic move when he was at AMR, and he said the airline could not afford a strike then because it would be run out of business.

I completely agree with Crandall. All you arrogant overpaid and underworked pilots, mechanics, ramp workers, flight attendents, etc are finally going to have to face the music. The party is over. Either accept radical paycuts (because the times they are a changin')and new work rules or your airline will be liquidated and you will be out a job. There will be no other airlines to work for because there will be an over supply of already laid off airline workers.

Yes sir boys and girls you played the game and milked it for as long as you could. And things have been good for you. I don't have a problem with that. But I can't tell you how much pleasure it gives me to know that even for you guys there eventually comes a day of reckoning. I love it! I really do. I can't tell you how happy I am that even you guys are finally going to have to make a choice:

Work for 60% of what your making now (what your really worth) or work at McDonalds. haha. I love it!!!!!!! Even you guys aren't invincible like you think you are! haha"

Not a pretty sight to say the least. All text from Yahoo inserted into double apostrophies.

Andy