PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1000 hour pilot...now what?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 11:35
danbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG
What you must understand is that some individuals lives take them in different directions. After going to one of the premier flight schools in the US (which by the time I left was more expensive per quater than Harvard!), the market changed and slowed considerably. So, I went to university to finish my bachelor's degree. Again, the flying was very hard to fund, even working full time. Once the military came in play, I had missed months of flying and had to play catch up. To add fuel to the fire, the accreditation situation changed and I had to "repeat" 48 credit hours worth of classes from the "premier flight school". After my last deployment, I was hired than almost immediately laid-off from a King Air gig. That is when I decided to go work for Lockheed training foreign nationals on how to maintain thier new F-16s. I would have done the instructor thing (GLADLY), except it would have required more money! I know people whom have graduated from the straight four year program at Embry Riddle with more student loan debt than that. Lastly, it is sad that the US does not have such "national" cadet programs like some pacific, middle eastern, and european operators.
Plus, I'm sure you and everyone else that have read and or contributed to this thread are aware of the hundreds of fellas that have barely made a monetary sacrifice and slid right in to a right seat A320/B737NG job at 350 hours TT.
So, I must hold my ground, and ask that before you judge or condemn me for my chosen avenue, perhaps you can take a moment to realize that I've shown perseverance and a willingness to do what it takes. The end result and quality is all that really matters. As far as I can tell, I may not have always done things the most efficient way, but I don't regret sticking with it. So if there is any one whom is wrong, sir, it is you about me. I'm just looking for some professional guidance and perhaps some opportunities to consider.
Thank you