PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - info on BlueDart aviation
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 07:03
estranged soul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pree56 and others,

from my limited info on bluedart :

1. Yes, based in Chennai (Madras) India.

2. They operate a fleet of 4 B757's and 2 B737-200s. A 5th 757 is expected to join fleet by late May or early June this year. A couple of B767s are expected to be inducted in late 2013.

3. Not much info regarding hiring, but I do know that they take in non-rated pilots with the bare minimum 250 hours on pistons. They also have a few expats working.

4. I had a good laugh when I read your point regarding freighter airlines/pilots and "less responsibility" ! Perhaps when you mature some day in aviation and get to know the real picture, you'll realize all the drivel you posted in professional pilot forums.

5. And yeah, some of the wealthiest pilots in the industry are .. (guess who!) .. freighter pilots !

regarding salary .. is it true that cargo pilots are paid much less than commercial airline pilots, since there is less responsibility in the job ??
Sigh ! 20 years in this industry and Im still waiting for the day I can become a full fledged "commercial airline pilot".

on the other hand, why bother ? .. the good ol' boxes and parcels have never given me much trouble !