PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 'subdued' aboard JetBlue flight
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 02:19
PukinDog

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
CaptainProp

...."Nut case" as a general label perhaps a bit strong, but sounds to me like this statement is bang on....
The guy had a meltdown. I'm sure it's not uncommon for anyone having one to be ranting or raving about whatever particular issues he/she have strong opinions about. It really doesn't matter what they are at that point as I'm sure its not an uncommon manifestation. The guy could have been an atheist raving-on about abortions, offshore drilling, and cuts to school lunch programs or there are reptilians living below Denver International. Who cares?

As a NON-devout Christian/republican/whatever-the-guy-was, it still strikes me as pathelogically obsessive about politics and religion to try and co-opt the incident into political statement (as the poster I responded to was) as if the guy's personal life or political views equate to causation just because they were apparent during his meltdown. It's even more obsessive to proclaim it represents some kind of new-scary "norm".

If you think that's "bang on", then perhaps you're one of those politically-obsessed bores yourself, or the kind of vehement anti-religious type who's so consumed with worry about other people going to church that it becomes a religion unto itself.

Last edited by PukinDog; 30th Mar 2012 at 02:44.