PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie MRH-90
Thread: Aussie MRH-90
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 00:31
Doors Off

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Trojan, you are absolutely correct that our soldiers deserve the assets that the ADF has and they need eg: Tigers, more CH 47 and some fast air in Afghanistan.

On the Tiger front, you are incorrect. They are operational and have no operational restrictions. The fighting unit is operational by night with all weapons systems, the question should be why are they not in Afghanistan? The French have been there with theirs since 2009!

On the MRH, Tiger front, maybe those projects are too big for such a small army to handle? I think the benefits of putting MRH, CH47 & Blackhawk in ALG in the RAAF & Tiger in ACG RAAF, should be given serious consideration &'would be worthy of debate. They are expensive and capable assets that deserve the appropriate level of management however, I reckon the Australian Army Air Corps head honchoes would resist that heavily for fear of losing their
empire? Surely an organization like the RAAF would be able to support it better and I doubt the operators/tradesmen would mind changing uniforms?