PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 22:19
Flypuppy

Chieftan o'the Pudden Race

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why couldn't Lufthansa retain Regional and use it to operate the routes in question to compete with IAG? They have bases at LHR, MAN, EDI and ABZ although would presumably only need a bigger type. Having said that I believe that Aberdeen has been operated exclusively by the Embraer for some time now, maybe to make a smaller loss than if it were to be operated by an Airbus.
Logic plays no role in this whole deal. I dont expect DLH to start using anything like common sense anytime soon. Regional, and if Baby has not been sold, will both be rolled into the IAG deal. What happens after that is open to interpretation...

The Scottish Government can't really get involved in funding themselves, though they have various entities that might be able to help. However, the idea that Alex Salmond would put his money where is mouth is over this, is I'm afraid unlikely.
Governments are barred under EU law from funding airlines, Malev is an example of what happens when money is channeled directly in and then forcibly repaid...but you knew that