PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check in waiting time
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2002, 20:39
Barney_Gumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would support your advice bealine. I decided a while ago the key to easier travel was to use one carrier as much as possible. To that end I looked at all the carriers that offer services in the sectors I fly (normally I fly to short haul four times a month and long haul once in a while).

I decided on BA because they offerred the flights I wanted and I have a friend who works there (every little helps). I joined the frequent flyer programme and collected the points to gain Silver membership. After a little bit of a learning experience I now follow the steps below:

1. Use the BA.com web site 24 hours in advance and even get to choose my seat.
2. Use the E-ticket in the self service machines
3. Try not to take any hold baggage if poss (but still respect the other passengers and cabin loading).

The only problem I have now is when passing through security. It can take a while sometimes, but I think that is an , unfortunately necessary, fact of life really. Security and fast turnaround operations are diametrically opposed processes; just a case of allowing enough time and chat to the person in front in the queue.

On the aircraft treating the flight team as I would want to be treated if roles were reversed always helps. They get some unecessary flack from travellors on occasions so a kind hello etc helps there. Last week I had a great time on Tuesday's BA 798 with the guy in the seat next to me. Never met before, but ended up having a good chat and probably had a little too much red wine

I guess that I would rather get on with the folks offering the service on the ground or in the air as opposed to expecting everything to be perfect (not suggesting that any folks above think differently mind)

I get confused with Codeshared flights though One World doesn't seem to be completely perfect, but I suppose the systems in use by BA and, say, Finnair may be different and perhaps not interact as best as they might but not really a problem.

I'll be back this week same flight Wednesday

Barney

Last edited by Barney_Gumble; 10th Dec 2002 at 07:09.