PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 'subdued' aboard JetBlue flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 19:16
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The question of criminal intent is going to have to be decided by a jury. This incident was too visible and too wacky not to result in an arrest. And they charged him with interfering with a flight crew, not a full-on charge of attempted hijacking.
The question of criminal intent? Where did that come from? The man was suffering from some kind of severe mental illness. There was no criminal intent involved.
Or do you know something no one else does?
It might not even go to a federal grand jury if the U.S. Attorney decides not to proceed with the indictment. However, given what we know I feel it is in everyone's best interests that Captain Osborn is receiving medical treatment whether or not he is well enough to know he needs it. The pro forma legal complaint ensures that he can't just walk out the door and disappear into the Texas night.

Captain Osborn does not have a union for support but JetBlue's CEO's positive statements to the media hopefully bode well for his future as he addresses the legal, medical, and administrative issues in his treatment and recovery.

I found your comment about dietary supplements, such as those the Captain was supposedly involved in, interesting. And especially after watching a video of one of the passengers - ex NYPD I think - who was sitting in row 10C. He claims that there was a period of 15-20 minutes before he helped subdue the captain in which he observed the captain drinking copious amounts of water and exhibiting signs of "cotton mouth". I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the captain had imbibed in a bit too much of the wares he was trying to market? Who knows what the contents are of this dietary aid?
I know in the past many of these miracle diet supplements contained ephedra which I believe was banned in the U.S. almost a decade ago. Cotton mouth and those telltale lines of dried saliva on the lips seemed to be common symptoms with coworkers who were taking those 'miracle weight loss' supplements. Perhaps the 'Body by Vi' milkshakes have some similar as yet unregulated supplement.

I'd sure like to believe there is a miracle way to lose weight but I know I'm kidding myself if I fall for one of these periodic scams.

Take a look at the 'Body by Vi' sales pitch, it certainly doesn't seem to appeal to your medical knowledge or even to your intellect for that matter:

90 Day Challenge

Last edited by Airbubba; 29th Mar 2012 at 20:15.