PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senegal Airlines New CEO: Edgardo Badiali
Old 29th Mar 2012, 17:12
Melax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senegal Airlines seems to be at the brink of immediate collapse according to local news. The have losses of more than 38 Millions US $ just for 2011.... This Airline was setup to boost the popularity of the then son (Karim Wade) of the President Abdoulaye Wade who wanted him to become the next King. Unfortunately for this Corrupt government and to the relief all Senegalese, the elections were a landslide victory against them, about 70% voted against them. This kid messed up the airline industry in that country along with all the dependent industries (tourism etc...) I guess their CEO Edwardo Badiali can very soon add another failed venture to his Resume. I remember them flying a A320 from Dakar to Banjul (90NM) with 10 passengers !!! The son of the president who was controlling 5 Ministries, among them the “Air Transport Ministry” imposed on all airlines to cut their frequencies by more than half even though Senegal Airlines couldn’t operate those routes. He ran the previous venture into the ground (Air Senegal International) in less than 4 years, it looks like he did better with this one, less than 2 years. The link to the story is in French, you can use googgle Translate for an English translation. Among other things, they state that the fuel Co. is no longer extending credit, cash only and that they do not serve warm meals anymore, just cold sandwiches. several flights for today and tomorrow have been canceled.. I’ll contact my Senegal sources and see if there is any more news to post.... Seneweb News : Perte d
Below is the news story as the Seneweb site can sometimes be slow..
Perte d’exploitation de 18 milliards : Sénégal Airlines menacé de crash

Economie

Seneweb NewsLetter

source: Pressafrik & Seneweb

En tout cas, si rien n’est fait dans les jours à venir, la compagnie aérienne « Sénégal Airlines » pourrait cesser tout bonnement son exploitation car elle cumule une perte de plus de 18 milliards Cfa sur l’exercice 2011.
Pour lever toute équivoque, la chargée de communication de la compagnie aérienne estime qu’il n’y a « rien à signaler » et que « tout se passe » bien. Selon les informations du journal « Enquête », Sénégal Airlines traîne comme un boulet une perte de 18 milliards Cfa sur l’exploitation durant l’exercice 2011.

Celui-ci est de 17 milliards Cfa, mais à cette date, les actionnaires n’ont pas encore libéré 4 milliards du capital.
Une situation qui a fait que les banques et les prestataires travaillant autour de la plate-forme aéroportuaire ont tourné le dos à Sénégal Airlines, si ce n’est exiger d’elle un paiement cash avant toutes prestataires.

A en croire toujours « Enquête », « les banques refusent d’accorder des découverts » à la compagnie, la Société de manutention de carburants aviation Dakar-Yoff (SMCADY) ne livre du kérosène que si elle est payée au comptant. L’on signale aussi que les voyageurs sont aujourd’hui gavés de sandwiches parce qu’il n’y a plus de repas chauds ».