PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 29th Mar 2012, 15:59
John21UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Came to Bahrain just after the unrest started and yes, we were worried. However, both me and my wife love it and don't want to leave. It's safe ( indeed safe!) and I've heard my wife state several times that she loves it here. She's truely spread her wings and setup businesses, attands shows as a vendor, and races all over Bahrain on her own or with our little girl. You'll find area's to stay clear off at certain times in any country/city. There's a very active facebook community amongst the mums and expats so they are on top of what's going on in Bahrain all day-every day. Both good and bad. I suspect they know even more than the local authorities at times... Many of her friends (with-and without kids) that have lived in Dubai, Kuwait or Doha (no other examples) all state that Bahrain is so much better and 'cosier'. Granted, the place has changed since the unrest so we've been told. Guess it all depends on what you are looking for and what you find important.

She's free do do what she wants, when and how she wants it and does not need my 'assistance'. The Bahraini's are very nice and warm people. It's truely a holiday place/lifestyle here.