PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to the USA - time to buy an airplane?
Old 29th Mar 2012, 14:51
Katamarino

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Moving to the USA - time to buy an airplane?

So, I've just been offered a job in Pennsylvania. I'm pretty sure I'll accept. This made me think; maybe I should buy an airplane!

It's a four year contract, so I don't feel the need to make a major investment. As it would be my first airplane, something cheap and simple would be good; but I'm IFR rated, so IFR capability would be nice. I saw this 150 for sale: 1968 CESSNA 150 Piston Single Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com

I figure I could take myself, a light female passenger, full fuel, and 100lbs of baggage. More than enough for a typical trip which would be camping in the Appalachians or visiting friends in West Virginia. Maybe some times a trip up to Maine. Fying it back from California would be great fun, too! I am friendly with a good flight school and Cessna maintenance place on the same airfield that the 150 is at, so they could do the pre-buy for me.

So what do people, particularly Pilot DAR, think of the idea? If I really fall in love with it maybe I could ferry it back to Europe when the time comes