PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 09:00
Drop_the_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I should have said: 'Go ahead and recalculate your salary the right way.

The allowances are of course not negligible. My intention was to enlighten those people who think of the housing/school fee allowances as a granted payment to everyone like the basic salary. You may opt for own accomodation to make your salary look better. But this allowance is never enough for a semi- or fully furnished decent accomodation. At the end there will be a couple of thousand $£€ less left for yourself from your hard earned money (certainly, some people take this into account and do it).

Maybe the company should pay also for our kids' ipads and Xbox...
I wasn't mentioning funstuff and toys, but rather necessary items required by the schools. Someone else earlier in this thread asked about registration fees.

Don't make any illusions. It's alright when allowances are paid, but they don't really help to maintain the salary, no matter how they're presented.

How about this one: not funstuff and toys, but other expenses which are required to run the business could be company-sponsored instead, e.g. resident permits, visa for family members, medical, e-gate pass.