PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 'subdued' aboard JetBlue flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 07:55
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange attitude sensed here, some justification that the Captain must have been ill and suddenly snapped!

While the Egypt Air 990 accident, it was widely accepted because the pilot was muslim, he was a nutter that deliberately brought down the aircraft!

I do agree that we should not pre-judge Captain Osborn, however early indications are not good with regards to his mental state or agenda!

Everybody here seems to want that there is some rational explanation for his actions, sudden mental illness, bipolar, brain tumour etc.

What if there is none?

There are fanatics in all walks of life unfortunately, and sometimes they do bad things!

I think if Osborn turns out to be one of the latter, it will be very difficult for colleagues and fellow pilots to ever accept this!

Since talk seems to have been about religion this morning, who knows what he had experienced this morning, maybe he had heard an inner voice, and was following orders from the all-mighty!

Watching some religious documentaries from the US in the past, it does not seem to be something unusual, with their all mighty double standards where unfortunately religion takes to strong prominence in some peoples life, it is probably just as scary to watch some fanatic religious Christian hill-billy running around, as some of those extreme fanatic Muslims constantly finding a way to find an excuse to blow something up!

Only in America, could you see something like this happen!