PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glider Tugging
Thread: Glider Tugging
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 07:07
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A&C, I am truly sorry you have had more than one unfortunate encounter with the less tactful members of any gliding club. We do have our quota of rude or eccentric individuals, who unfortunately sometimes are put in positions of responsibility before we realise that they may not be the best choice...

If they were paid and did a bad job we could always sack them! Asking volunteers to go elsewhere is always awkward at best.

Which goes back to my point in my earlier post.....most power flying clubs are commercial operations.

A&C, actually you have posted three times about the rude treatment you have received at gliding clubs, and suggested that numbers are falling and we are all getting old and dropping off the perch as there is no new blood....
Of course the power clubs teaching youngsters to fly are doing well? how many have gone up the swanee lately? More likely with the recession biting, and avgas prices through the roof, only the wealthy can afford the pleasure of learning to fly. Kids who might attend ATC may also have different priorities.