PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 06:18
PoinDextir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly it has happened...

On FEB 10 2012, I wrote...

Have to go with the majority on this. This place has gone downhill so fast, the momentum has become unstoppable. Almost all of those pilots here who have options have exercised those or are about to. The USA furloughed Major Airline guys will all be gone within the next 6 -10 months. The Aussies are all looking to go back closer to home and the European guys are looking at other contracts as well. Those who chose to stay are doing so because they have NO other option a this time. This job will put all of us into an early grave with the schedules that are being flown. I've seen guys go from looking their age to looking 10 years older within an 18 month period of time. This is simply put - suicide. If the schedules don't kill you, making a mistake while incredibly fatigued at 3am will. It is only a matter of time... Why do most of us still put up with this crap - MONEY. The money is good. Plain and simple, but it does come at a cost.

How much is your life worth? I'm not hanging out much longer to find out.
All those left will be flying even more cargo as myself and others hit the road later this summer.

-DEX

And now one of our most respected Captains died yesterday while on vacation with his family in Japan. He had a massive heart attack that led to a brain hemorrage. He was only 45 years old, leaves behind a wife and 3 children.

I have 2 close friends who are physicians and 1 Cardiologist whom I spoke to about this tragedy. After hearing the types of schedules and lifestyle we are subjecting ourselves to at AJX, EACH ONE OF THEM said without a shadow of a doubt, the lack of sleep and stressors on the human body is a MAJOR contributing cause of Heart Attacks. This gentleman had been flying these schedules at AJX for close to 10 years and the effects of this speak for themselves. How much longer are we going to put up with these fatiguing rosters????

Is anyone really going to refute the fact that our colleague's health was influenced by his work environment?

What a tragedy this is, we are heartbroken at AJX because of this.
R.I.P Brother

-DEX