PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 28th Mar 2012, 16:45
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBenip

I'm not worried about anything thanks, quite happy in BA and looking forward to the Bmi guys (hopefully) joining in due course. Which of my comments do you find unsavoury? That I don't think you should join with your Bmi d.o.j fully intact? Like I said the fair solution lies in the middle.

[QUOTE]We are not looking to ride "roughshod" over any BA pilot and I don't see DOJ doing that/QUOTE]

If you really don't see the problem in each Bmi pilot bringing their d.o.j with them then it is pointless discussing this any further. There are several thousand of your future colleagues in disagreement with you on this inevitable sore-point.

As you said, the management will decide. I hope the solution is as fair as possible for everyone, including the other pilots within the Bmi group.

[QUOTE]You could have voted the other way for a stand alone but you didn't. /QUOTE]

True, and I'm not going to claim for one moment that this was some act of altruism, but I would hope any Bmi pilot would feel they are better off as part of BA mainline than a low cost off-shoot? If not then you clearly haven't worked for a loco!