PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 28th Mar 2012, 13:54
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish all BMI pilots the very best, but to expect your service in a borderline-bankrupt shorthaul airline to allow you leapfrog pilots in the company that is buying you is entirely unreasonable.
And in conclusion, IAG/BA hasn't bought anything yet. Some on here believe that if the EU procrastinate any further, IAG will say 'sod it' and Lufty will say 'no more.' The premise of this deal relates to slot allocation and from what I can tell, the EU aren't exactly making it easy for either party. Fortunes must have already been dedicated to making this purchase happen, however there must only be so much either IAG or DLH will concede.

I've heard BMI pilots argue 'our slots will be used for longhaul so we should get to fly longhaul'.
I find it hard to believe any bmi pilot with half a head would be say this now. I should believe their thoughts concern the preservation of income, not on what f'in aircraft they get to fly and to where. If the deal doesn't go ahead or doesn't go ahead as proposed, they are in the sh1tter. End of!

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 28th Mar 2012 at 14:16.