PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 10:48
Shekou2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KOMKU!!
The salary is paid only after 15 days and Shenzhen Airlines has been delaying the salaries quite often.
In the last few years, my salary got late ONCE by 1day.Apologise by the company.!it was due to the bank of china.
Since then it has been paid on the 14th....eventhough the contract states pay day is 15th.
All airlines i worked for before pay on the 15th of next month.,how about your previous airlines?

If you have a personal agenda against the airline...dont involve stating erroneous info as it will mislead pilots in their decision.

Feedback from Mr. Wu Kewei, the vice president of Shenzhen Airlines

Dear all captains:

Recently, I received two emails written by 2 foreign captains in which they concern about different view of points of management issues including the WX radar training on safety meeting, improper “risk bulletin” issued constantly, company’s analysis about the safety status with the foreign captains’ crew and the risk of being a future flight instructor. I would like to show my opinion as below.

As you know, do in Rome as a Romans do is the basic fact in culture communication, and even for the Chinese pilots. They all need to try their best to acclimatize themselves to the CAAC controlled operation environment. The safety culture in Shenzhen Airlines is only the reflection of CAAC safety culture, and our company can never disobey the CAAC requirements to satisfy the request from part of our pilots no matter that they are Chinese pilots or foreign pilots. We will never permit our safety criteria going below CAAC’s relevant criteria otherwise Shenzhen airlines will receive lots of extra limitations for daily flight operation. What we can guarantee is that all of the safety management criteria are consistent and fair for both the Chinese pilots and foreign pilots.

Season Change Training is to meet the requirement of CAAC. It is a kind of study, at the same time it is a kind of review. At the turn of seasons, we organize such training in order to offer a platform for pilots to exchange experience and improve your flight skills. It is essentially a good chance why don’t you complain it as useless and unnecessary thing. As my personal opinion, I do not think anybody has full understanding of knowledge for everything on flight. There is a Chinese saying, The Earth is limited, and the knowledge is infinite. It's especially true right now on flight.

Investigation and providing suggestions on risk resources of aviation unsafe events happened involving our company or other companies is the core of SMS management. SMS is a global and international system and it is not created by CAAC. So, we’d better have a proper recognition of risk bulletin and suggestions. We should regard them as one part of safety management. They are information sometimes as well as operation guide. You do not need to worry anything if you do things as the manual says. Of course if the bulletin is not edited in a proper way, we should make it better by improving our working effort.

For the error or deviation happened during flight, we are changing our philosophy or idea that we will make actively a differential treatment for different events. We are considering giving light penalty to the ones whose error is relatively minor or they may be exempted from penalty under the CAAC penalty standards. It is not as terrible as our foreign pilots' description to be an instructor.

In 2011, we learned one fact that unsafe events rate of foreign captains is obviously higher than the rate of Chinese captains. Objectively speaking, operation environment and other factors are some parts of reasons at the same time I wish all of our captains can think about the following doubts:

1: Are there any subjective reasons?

2: Are there some ways that we can do to make the flight safety better?

3: For any unsafe events caused by the objective reason, does anybody need to take the responsibility?

4: Is there anything that we can do to change the situation?

4: What is your solution about handling these events?

5: If you were the boss, what would be your intention?

6: If the same rate (rate of unsafe events between local crew and over sea crew) is detected in other country, what will happen?

Training or teaching after events happened is a good way to prevent it happening again. When we knew it, we will do it. Using administration measurements is only to raise your awareness of unsafe events. It is a kind of method not our aim at all. As long as you strengthen the awareness, you will not lay your finger on red line of human factor error.

I heartily welcome all of you joining in Shenzhen Airlines and your participation on safety operation is what I want to see and what our company needs. I hope we show understanding to each other and we work together happily.* *

--
Have a good day!
Best Regards!
Yours,
Foreign Pilot Subsection
Flight Department
Shenzhen*Airlines
China