PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranfield Airport
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 09:23
poptones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile flying at cranfield

i have flown with all three and personally choose Cranfield Flying School. The head of training at Bonus is leaving and they may lose their approvals until a new training head is found. financially, the talk in the cafe is that bonus are struggling.

the course director of the msc aerospace vehicle design has been telling all of us to do our ppl with cranfield flying school as they have a special relationship. having looked at the fleet, and counting how many planes sit on the grass line, i reckon CFS has the largest fleet now that cabair are no longer on the airfield.

the other thing i found in terms of attitude over the other two schools is that CFS seems to have an equal amount of women to men, and there is alot of disabled people flying with ppls etc using hand controls. this to me seems more inclusive then others and rather open minded. I started my ppl with billons but found the 1 instructor to look constantly bored and as if he would be somewhere else. the prices at CFS influenced me to try them and it seems, not only are they the cheapest, (including hour building - which I plan on doing) but they have a good team around them. I know what ghensis means about David, but you just get on and do you thing.. overall egtc is a good place to fly from and out of the olympic restriction zone.