PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 08:00
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroWings
Of course I know about the Manx2 incidents involving operators other than Van Air but I was wondering about Van Air as they seem (from an outsiders point of view) to have operated the LETs out of BLK relatively trouble-free over the past 4 or 5 years.

A search doesn't really dig any dirt on this operator (or FLM Aviation who operate the Dorniers)....

If Manx2 are supposedly just a ticketing agency, the actual operators are all you have to go on...
I'd agree with you - I am not aware of any significant incidents associated with either of these operators. A burst tyre doesn't really qualify as a major incident (especially as the press report doesn't even use the word "terrified" at any stage and the journalist can't bring themselves to use any stronger word than "eventful"). One can justifiably question the degree of oversight which was applied by the "ticketing agency" in the past (and the Irish accident report is likely to do just this) but I am not aware of any major issues related to either of the actual operators. I am happy to be corrected.

Hope this helps.
C.