PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority - is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 05:05
LHLisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from the princess

Gee, no one has called me a princess in ages, its almost flattering! Amost. Thanks for the input and ideas, I realise a lot of junior tech crew suffer almost as much as cabin crew. I am considering taking it to a higher level, as in the Govt employment minister, work cover ombudsman etc. The company blames the union, and the union blame us, saying we want it. But we don't have an individual choice to leave the union and leave seniority. I have been studying part time for 6 years and am about to change to part time flying so that I can have a semblance of a work life balance, and continue studying as well. But I am lucky in that I can go part time, a lot of crew don't have that choice and will work every weekend till they leave the company. It should not be like that. its extremely discriminatory. Thanks again for the comments. And just to let you know all the cabin crew pretty much support the tech crew and the
position they are in currently. This thread was moved, and I am not sure why, don't really understand how this forum works.

I did bring this matter up at a union meeting in Melbourne 2 weeks ago, I had a little diplomatic speech prepared and all. I was the most junior crew member in the room by far. They listened, people agreed that its not fair, but as far as it actually changing - as if - as someone said the union is run by senior crew. My next step is to write a report/submission and hand it to management. I am sure that will go down like a lead balloon.

Last edited by LHLisa; 28th Mar 2012 at 05:13. Reason: brainwave