PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2012, 03:07
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PJ2 Turbine D Organfreak, Machinbird.

Howdy. It is an honor to be in such company, and I consider it my good fortune to be allowed to participate here. We all bring different skills, experience, and demeanor. I am a low time commercial pilot who had the good fortune of owning a small aviation business at one time. I am in awe of the quality of discourse here, and to any extent you have stayed is testimony to your patience, or masochism.

This is no ordinary wreck, it is a criminal investigation. Due negligece, and various other human shortcomings, 228 souls are dead. 447 transcends the usual, and while it is tragic, it is nothing to discard without several microscopes to hand. No one is well served by being too easily satisfied. I understand everyone's approach, and also the frustration of those who believe they know what happened. If anyone can direct me to the Court's website, I will say goodbye. Failing that, I hope you can understand MY frustration at any sign of "laissez faire".

"Standard of Care". "Duty of care". Without these, and what you all know of aviation, no one would fly. anywhere. Ever. My opinion? Air France should be shut down, and reorganized. The corporate culture there is largely to blame for the accident. How do I know? I don't have to know. They know. No one is innocent in this industry, bargains are struck daily, and competition is fierce.

It costs money to park equipment and rnr air sensors. Motive? Dough. Result? these dead souls. My family flies that airline from time to time, their people are wonderful, and their equipment is modern, and safe. Knuckleheads who think they are smart, and can game the odds, these are the enemy. You know them, and not only in aviation do they cost lives.

Hamster Wheel? Small price to pay, if the Truth is outed. Don't give up. Don't let the knuckleheads skulk away, to risk your family, next time.