PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Mar 2012, 20:51
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexrey
the SAAF . . . I might just have to join up with them, but I'm not too keen to, as by all reports they seem to be very underskilled and falling apart.
I should have followed up on this before. It is likely to be a question at OASC if you ever get that far.

If you are any good, good enough for the RAF, then you would be ideally placed to help upskill the SAAF.

According to Wikipedia, which seems to support you contention, the SAAF is short of over 130 pilots. That shortage is roughly six times the requirement for the RAF and we are not short of applicants.

The more you post here the less does it seem to have to do with your wanting to fly and the more with getting out of South Africa. Certainly some I met were of that mind although others enjoyed every minute of it.

PS, whether your name is AlexRey or not you can be sure that you will be known before you get to AFCO or OASC.