PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Pilot would like to fly in Argentina.
Old 27th Mar 2012, 20:27
flyArgentina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Pilot would like to fly in Argentina.

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help!

I am a long-time PP. My wife is from Argentina & so we will be going down again in Sept. I would love to rent a plane there but am not sure if it is possible, & if so, what I must do. I've searched the forums here & there seems to be a bit of conflicting /outdated information/opinions, along with a lot of broken links, so I was hoping maybe someone had some up-to date info or experience.

All I really want to do is be able to rent a small plane from a club near Rosario, and fly around the city or along the Parana River for a bit, returning to the same airport. I have a bunch of in-laws there so the idea is to make several sight-seeing flights with them as described. I have a rudimentary Spanish language capability and could learn some phraseology, but as the airport in question is uncontrolled ( a grass strip actually), I'm hoping maybe it won't matter so much.

I understand I can get an Argentine PPL based on my FAA PPL, but I don't really know what the requirements are or the process is. Does anybody know whom to contact for this information?

Thanks to all, & happy flying