PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's done, don't be jealous.
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2012, 09:23
Colibri49

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Widewoodenwingswork

My dear fellow inhabitant of the Southern Hemisphere, or at least that's where I was born and used to live before making the fundamental mistake of marrying a Brit. Now I'm stuck here with family and no hope of escape to a better lifestyle.

Perhaps what you don't know is that the lazy whinging poms only allow themselves to fly helicopters professionally to a maximum of 800 hours per year, so on that basis your arithmetic is slightly out. Flying to the legal maximum for 20 years would produce 16000 hours in the logbook, or to reach 20000 hours would take 25 years.

But life and career/contract changes etc tend to interrupt things for most people (stupidly emigrating to the Northern Hemisphere interrupted my progress), so 30 years might be a more realistic minimum period to reach the 20000 total, wherever you happen to be working.

No doubt in God's fair country you blokes know the meaning of real hard work, doing mustering in R22s and the like. That would surely be hard-earned hours compared with almost anything else, if you can survive it.