PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 27th Mar 2012, 08:55
md 600 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ENGLISHAL
unfortunately our uk caa see this differently i fell fowl of this at ascot racecouse some years ago and had a 13 month investigation

i decieded to go to ascot races with my wife and two friends in my N reg helicopter i thought i would like to have a drink and the weather is changable at ascot time so i asked a uk caa helicopter atpl,examiner,instructor to take us
when we got there we were stopped by a caa official and asked if we had paid for the flights[public transport ] i said its my helicopter and these were my 2 friends ,he asked if we cost shared i said no ,he then asked if i had paid the pilot i said no but i would be doing at the end of the day ,
thats when the fun started he told me it was a illegal flight as there was more than 4 persons on board [cost sharing rules ] and i was paying the pilot . i said if it was illegal i would not pay the pilot i thought that was it but no , this went on for over a year i ewnded up having to go to a solicitor and make out afidavits saying i had not paid him

thats not flight safety thats rules are rules