PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai – we want you to do more for less – it is what it is
Old 27th Mar 2012, 07:34
Red Dragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get something straight here: as much as I know it pissed rain today in Dubai , loads of us are paying mortgages (most of which are higher than property value!) oh and most of us are driving Kias, Toyotas, Hyundais and Hondas. Sorry mate...
Ok, fair point and perhaps it was a sweeping generalisation. I think the lemonade stand example is overly simplistic though. I think the relationship between Department of Finance, Dubai Airports and the Serco contract is somewhat more complex. Whilst I agree that we should be recognised for increased productivity it's not quite as easy to say - "you're making more so we should get a bigger slice". The economics of the contract, and the room for manouevre, are limited. Perhaps if DA de-link themselves from DoF there would be more scope for performance related bonuses.

The competition may advertise efficiencies, but that'll more than likely be achieved by centralising support services. The coalface ATCOs are unlikely to make any gains though.