PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Study for DGCA exams - resources, books, notes, questions
Old 27th Mar 2012, 04:48
aviator86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I did self study and cleared my exams on my very first attempt (Met and Reg), Navigation two attempts, in my view its just one attempt because I hardly had around 6weeks time as I has just returned from my training in abroad, so I solely focused on Met and Reg and didn't break my head on Nav.

Don't solely go over the previous exam questions, you can never trust DGCA, Jan session had a bunch of question about ICAO flight plan and various High performance Airspeed definitions. there were fewer question about PNR and CP tho which was a complete surprise and seldom seen in DGCA papers.

Exams are tough but its not impossible, and I feel its over rated, if you really work hard and stay focused its just going to be a cake walk. Make sure you study for at least 6-8hours a day, give more importance to text books than notes. I have gone through every single page in GSP thoroughly at latest 4-5times. make a list of the important points and formulas and go through it every day. Do as many PNR and CP problems as you can if you have done it all start doing the same ones over and over again. If you are still finding it hard don't shy away from taking classes, it just makes the whole process so much easier and pleasurable.

Every time I opened my books this was my motto and so should be yours

" I love all Aviation subjects, I'll work harder than ever only because I want to be a better pilot not just for the sake of clearing DGCA exams "

Good Luck