PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1000 hour pilot...now what?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 21:44
danbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, I realize the kind of painfully long and less than ideal jobs that those before me have had to suffer through, make my situation seem like a holiday. I'm mearly trying to address some inconsistencies that I've been made aware of as of late. Though I am young and still laking a great deal of wisdom, I do appreciate the nature of this industry and the sacrifices it demands. I am, in every way, ready and willing for my opportunity to make those sacrifices. It just seems that "the powers that be" have become unbelievably dissalutioned over the last decade or so. "galaxy flyer"...you obviously realize that times have changed. I, without a doubt, understand the difference in ideology that you and I have expressed. I don't think your necessarily wrong, just different in your outlook. The end result is the same (I hope). I missed a number of years of flying to serve Uncle Sam, and my life just does not suit being a CFI. So, I either had to throw in the towel or pay someone to boost me toward one of the "RJ jobs by the thousands". If I can circumnavigate even that route, why wouldn't I?

On a lighter note...thanks a ton to everyone whom has chimed in; keep the advice, ideas, and of course the constructive criticism coming! All the best!