PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 21:35
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi TD

From the Captain's re-entry to the flight deck til impact, we are told there were no displays on the panel, for either pilot. That means all the flight data available had to be guesswork. The a/c meandered about a "g"of a fairly consistent "1", so deck angle, A/S, and control actuated excursions were all a matter of guess, and what we are shown to have been very little discussion amongst the three.

You claim a NU of 16.3? How luxurious! As I have said many times, that is from the DFDR, and the pilots were "out the LOOP". My picture of this flight Path from the outset of Manual Control is that the crew were outside looking in, they were victims of circumstances that prevented their recovery, having caused the Upset in the first place.

The captain had to have noticed the Deck angle, he was walking, not sitting. Whilst seated, at one g, and nothing visible outside, the a/c could have been inverted, for all the pilots could suss. One G is one G. The popular image of goofy pilots at war one with the others is a painstakingly created construct. Deployed Spoilers, (they were) Extended FLAP (we don't KNOW), and Throttle settings seem outrageous. We were not there.

Just as the G traces for PERPIGNAN have not been released, damning evidence of a/c behaviour wil not be seen, as BEA have morphed their mission statement into releasing "ONLY DATA THAT MAY SERVE TO PREVENT FUTURE ACCIDENT".

That's nice, but consider how much unilateral maneuvering that allows re: evidence and its disclosure. Uncommanded Climb? Let's say we knew PF, and he seemed a competent sort of pilot.

Instead of keeping an open mind, the masses have claimed he screwed the poodle from the git, pulling like a maniac, instead of doing what WE all knew was the "RIGHT" thing. His inability to understand (seemingly) what the PNF was saying was construed as incompetence, rather than a genuine take on a misbehaving a/c. He did not know he was climbing? More like he did not know WHY? Again, with the ergo, lack of proper belting, and the shaking deck, how was he to suss what his stick was doing, w/o a speed tape, a FD, etc? Now this too is damning, but also Human.

I don't know this, but neither do you. When I see all the data, to include all the discussion, (what else is there, that all three had?) I'll give it up.