PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATCOs earning £800,000 two years ago! Anything changed?
Old 26th Mar 2012, 20:35
Delta Whiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hands up all the pilots who have been saying disparaging things about Spanish (& other) ATCs and who work for an employer who imposes the working conditions endured by Spanish controllers.

I'd be pretty disinterested in doing a decent job regardless of how much of an "aviation person" I was.

I'd also expect a pretty darned good salary** to allow my employer to:

1. Compulsorily call me back to work on my off duty days - no arguments, no options, and no reinstatement of said "rest" days on alternative dates.

2. Cancel the annual leave I had had approved (and maybe had laid out a wad of cash on an overseas trip) without explanation other than to say it's for "service continuance" - ie we've buggered up the roster and you've been fingered to bail us out. If the leave is re scheduled for another date there's no reason the same thing will not occur.

Treat your workers fairly & well and they'll go the extra mile for you - treat them like s**t and you'll get back what you deserve.

** On second thoughts I'd tell him to stick his job up his bum!!