PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2012, 19:07
Gligg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not about skills, or which country produces better pilots (i havent seen a correlation between nationality and flying skill personally) It's about crewing aircraft at the lowest cost. To buy experience from developed countries is relatively expensive - they have to provide for an equivalent standard of living or nobody with experience will bite (as was demonstrated when C scale was initially offered to the B scale holding pool)
Offering C scale to Ab initio is a different story - many are willing to take a lowball offer in exchange for the 'security' of going to a legacy carrier from day one, thus eliminating/minimising the risks, teethgrinding and headaches of 'climbing the ladder' to the big jets.

Going to developing countries on the other hand opens up an opportunity to crew at a cheaper rate, not just for ab initio, but to bring in experienced Jet drivers on lower rates as well. One man's lowball deal is another's way to a better life.

It's a shame that CX is taking this route, but hey, I'd probably do it too if I were the one filling out the ledger books.