PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 26th Mar 2012, 15:24
BusDriverLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this talk of the BACC trying to blackmail/trick the BMI-CC is a complete load of rubbish.

The BACC honestly believe that if agreement cannot be met between the two CCs then the BMI-CC will not fare well at all when they have their 'consultation' with BA management post merger.
There is certainly no attempt to trick BMI pilots into some sort of quick deal in order to benefit/protect BA pilots.

If you believe the BACC have it wrong, that's entirely your decision. But please make it an informed decision. Listen to everything both CCs have to say before dismissing it. I have frequently not liked reading the contents of the BACC's messages (due to the fact that they have altered my ideas/aspirations in line with reality) but I have yet to see them proven wrong. While they have certainly stated 'no BA pilot will be disadvantaged' (bar Staff Travel & LIFO), they still have a vested interest in ensuring the best possible deal for BMI pilots that doesn't disadvantage current BA pilots.

Good luck to all and fingers crossed redundancies (throughout the BMI group) can be kept to an absolute minimum.